EBB Help Center
1. What is the Emergency Broadband Benefit?The Emergency Broadband Benefit or EBB Program is a limited-time program that provides discounts on monthly broadband Internet access service and certain connected devices. EBB Program discounts are funded by the US Government’s Coronavirus relief effort and administered by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). This program is separate from the US Government’s Lifeline program, but your benefits can be combined so you can receive Cintex’s UNLIMITED Data, talk & text for FREE every month while the program remains open. Our standard terms and conditions apply.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit monthly service and device discounts are non-transferable. An eligible household is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount. EBB Program benefits may be obtained from any participating provider of your choosing and your monthly service benefit may be transferred to another provider at any time.
2. Who Is Eligible for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program?
A household is eligible if a member of the household meets one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline;
- Approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020 and the household had a total income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating providers existing low-income or COVID-19 program
3. What is included the Emergency Broadband Benefit?
All qualified EBB customers will receive a:
- FREE 4G LTE Smartphone
- FREE Unlimited Monthly Data
- FREE Unlimited Monthy Minutes
- FREE Unlimited Monthy Texts
- Nationwide Calling
- FREE Voicemail Account, Call Waiting and Caller ID
- FREE 911 Calls
- 411 Directory Assistance
- FREE Domestic Roaming
- Text & Picture Messaging
For additional terms and conditions regarding our Emergency Broadband Benefit Program, please click here.
4. Can I upgrade my current Lifeline plan to take advantage of the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program?You may be able to do so. Talk to Cintex Wireless about the plans you have available as part of the Emergency Broadband Benefit program.
5. Can I sign up for the Emergency Broadband Benefit if I am already a customer or if I was a customer in the past?Yes, the benefit is available to eligible new, prior and existing customers of participating providers.
6. If I’m approved, can I keep my current phone number?
Yes, if you are approved, you can even keep your current phone number. Here’s how:
Once you receive your Cintex Wireless phone, you can contact Customer Care at +1 (855)655-3097 and a representative will help you keep your current number. Just call from a different phone and have your account number and password.
7. When will the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program End?The EBB program will end after the Public Health Emergency no longer exists, or as deemed by the FCC. Once the program is over, your plan will revert to the standard Lifeline offer. You may also choose to keep this UNLIMITED plan but will be subject to the standard rates. We will notify you when there is a change to the program. Our standard terms and conditions will apply. What if I am currently receiving Emergency Broadband Benefits from another provider but want to switch to you? You absolutely can! We hope you will visit our sign up page to make the switch to Cintex Wireless today!